This engine does have my interest. My biggest concern is the double overhead cam. Does anybody know what the probabilities are for cracked heads, blown head gaskets, etc? I am currently dealing with these issues in a Grand Am (4 cyl) it's a whole lot more complicated than the old inlines.
I would also be more interested in an old school conversion for this engine, as noted earlier, possibly with a single Holley carburetor and without a computer.
Although, if the complicated parts could be simplified, it would be tempting to at least consider an EFI set up. ohwell

Sure sounds like a heck of a lot more fun than the usual V8 set up. But, as for now, I am just reading your post's and sort of thinking out loud (online even). But if you seriously think about it, this could very likely be the next rave.

John


~ J Lucas
2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6
2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s)
2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0
1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
In the Gallery
My Flicker Photos!