Originally Posted by efi-diy
Jim,


Now if enough people were serious (like 30 - 40) and wanted to do a group buy I could put the time into designing a 4bbl intake ala clifford for the 250/292 series. The design aspect is not what cost the $$$ - a pattern would need to be made to get the intakes cast and then a prototype run done/machined and tested on a vehicle.
Figure $10500-$12000 to get the wrinkles out and 40 manifolds cast/machined. So this is roughly $260 to $300 each which is affordable. The key is to get enough folks to commit $$$. I'd donate the design time to get it done.


Scott it would be REALLY easy to convert the lower intake runners into ITB's smile the bore ID is 2.125" a quick trip to the wreckers should turn up some suitable TB's - add a quick flange and done...;)

Originally Posted by JimGnitecki
Originally Posted by efi-diy
Already done and driving.... abiet with an aftermarket computer.

https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/351586/fpart/1

Yes, I had read your thread. I am only interested in a non-computer / non wiring harness solution for my project. Others though may be ok with the computer, sensors, and harness.

The attraction of this company is the CARB versus computer approach.

Jim G



I would be interested in getting on board for roughly $300 towards a 4 barrel manifold for this engine. That would be cheap in my mind when comparing to what one could spend on a 50 year old 235.

Let me know it this idea gains momentum, so the details can be ironed out early.

John


~ J Lucas
2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6
2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s)
2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0
1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
In the Gallery
My Flicker Photos!