Separate issue: I started this thread, and asked for expressions of interest in this engine. I believe we have our answer: almost NONE when you come right down to it.
While we may love the concept, the vast majority of Stovebolters evidently do not share our enthusiasm.
I know when to quit. I'm buying an LS series V8, and wait until you hear what IT can do with very little money, and a carburetor versus EFI setup.
Jim G
Hey Jim,
It's your truck, do what you want. I doubt that many here will be impressed with a V8, as it has already been done thousands, and thousands of times.

Overall, it has nothing to do with pleasing the vast majority, as long as it makes YOU happy.
Most of us here, (the vast majority) like them all, and are equally grateful whenever another bolt gets saved from the big melt down.
It is even more satisfying to me, when I hear that one is actually being put back on the road no matter how many cylinders it takes to get it there.
Good luck with your project. I have no doubt that you will get it done right.
John