HI Denny,

Thanks for the post. I don't know the theory of electricity as well as you and Hotrod Lincoln but I sure do respect your electrical knowledge, defined research and sharing that information. Now I am a bit confussed.

I have always thought that electricity is like a garden hose. A large diameter hose is able to deliver a greater volume of water compared to a smaller one and electricity works the same way. most starters require 200 amps or less to crank over an engine. most batteries are 800 cold cranking amps. the weak link is "usually" the cables, which are unable to deliver those 800 amps to the starter. Of course I always soldered my lugs as you mention and the system clean for top performance. I was under the impression that this is why a 12 volt conversion works so well on a 6 volt system. Its like having lots of pressure and a fire hose. Six volt systems do not have much pressure behind the amps so a physically bigger wire was used to deliver "volume" needed to make the accessories work...As always the knowledge here is amasing...Is this incorrect?

Dave