Denny, I am in agreement with your assessments with a stock battery location and stock components unless you move the battery to the rear and like me have a 200' spool of 4/0 cable and the ends needed to make big battery cables. (We upsized at work from 4/0 to 500MCM and I got to keep the scrapped stuff) Plus I will be running a BBO in my AD. When I make cables for other projects, 2/0 is just fine for most cars with trunk mounted batteries. voltage drop is of concern so battery conductor size is the largest contributer here.
The biggest issue is ground connections and cable connections at the starter. This is generally the source of most peoples issues with the starting circuit (unless you have a bosch starter and the exposed copper conductor to the + side of the winding corrodes off due to road salt - another story)
Scott