Well Tim, ya need to go to VCCA chat and listen to the old timers and experts over there. Several discussions that have been going on there for a while now. In fact that’s what prompted me to dig in to it a little deeper and look at some real numbers. Although I’ve done enough to satisfy my curiosity, someone else might care to do a search on this forum. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen the same suggestions here. I’ve been in and out of welding most of my life, pop started teaching me when I was just a pup, and a four/ought cable is even a biggie for welding cable.
Nope Jeff, I taint gonna pull it, ya smart [censored]! (just kiddn’ ya buddy) This subject comes up often and when it does there is usually a lot of misinformation that comes from it. like I said, I just wanted to get the facts out on the table.
I don’t think you can stress too much the importance of having clean connections to insure top performance of the electrical system. That probably contributes to the vast majority of the electrical problems that we encounter.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL
Last edited by Denny Graham; 02/06/2008 8:12 PM. Reason: Samantics