These radios just don't sit upright very well out of the truck. They have a tendency to fall over on their face. So I suppose that's what happens to a lot of them that are out on the bench or floor. It doesn't take a whole bunch of force to damage the control.

I’d like to add a little tip for anyone that is working on one of these. The tuning worm pivot screw is very close to the filter cap connections. There is enough clearance with the original twist lock cap in place, depending on your method replacement there might not be adequate clearance with the new connections. I used a postage stamp sized cover made of fish paper between the screw and connections just as a safety precaution. This is especially important when you are bench checking the unit and the tuner is just hanging from a single screw.
Here’s a picture: http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2027165540098611668NZVKvP

I’ve got the old vibrator cadaver apart out of my radio and am trying to figure it out right now. Got a new SS one coming from Radio Daze. If I get the old one fixed I’ll post some pics of the process.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL



Denny G
Sandwich, IL