Well I’m sittin’ here at the service bench, eight feet under ground in the basement, with a truck antenna propped up against the floor joist, listening to Christmas music on AM 740 Toronto, Canada on one of the AD radios that I just finished restoring. I’m located about 60miles west of Chicago, IL US of A. That’s pretty dang good reception foar any radio.
I used a speaker from Chevy Duty as a replacement for the original which had a badly warped cone. This is the single speaker, not the dual setup that they sell. It clears every thing on the chassis. The terminal strip where the connections are made is pretty close but can easily be bent down a tad just for safety sake. After touching the alignment a little she sounds as sweet as can be. I only wish I could pull in some big band or early rock from out thar in the ionosphere.
That’s one down and one more to go. Gonna start gutting my chassis in the morning. I’d post some more pictures but there doesn’t seem to be a whole lot of interest in the AM radios. Seems like everyone wants a Bose surround sound with a CD and a subscription to XM. But of course they want it to look just like the original radio.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL