Hi Denny, I've got some old solid cotton sheathed wire on a spool, I can send you a couple of feet if you need. I also have lots O' parts radios with volume controls, IF transformers etc so let me know if I can help you out.

As far as dials go, I've run into instances where all the lettering has completely disappeared off of an original non-reproduced dial plate. If you look real close, you can still make out where the enamel used to be. Put the dial glass into a flatbed scanner with a black piece of paper behind it and scan to a file, this will bring out the original lettering enough to be reproduced with a computer. I work with a local sign shop here who can take that file and print me out an inverted decal which can be stuck to the back of the original dial plate... I usually pay $20 a decal... it's pretty labor intensive on their part since they have to sit with an x-acto knife and cut out the letters by hand!!

If you feel like calling me up I'll chat with you any time about your radios... won't disclose contact information here because I don't want to do anything that looks 'spammy'.


1960 GMC Panel w/ 305 V6, 4 Speed TV Repair Van "The Monitor Lizard"
1961 Chevy Apache 20 283, 4 Speed, Hydrovac
www.picturetrail.com/starchief