Thought some of you guys that have one of these AD radios but haven’t been into it yet might like to see what your in for. I’m restoring these two 986443 Delco (United Motors) radios. Although one is from a GMC and the other is Chevy, they are the same radios except for the dial faces.
Since these cases are pretty badly rusted they go into the De-Rust-It dip tank and then out they will go out for electroplating. The chassis look pretty good on these two.
Pics: http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2080463420098611668HiImYP

Looking for colored fabric covered single strand wire, any good sources??? I have stranded but need single strand….

Also Looking for pictures or scans of the labels or tube compliment stickers. I can rebuild in Photoshop if there is damage or missing paper on the model sticker.

Fred, what do you know about the early and late dial faces? I've been told that there is a differnce in them and that the reproduction ones are only decals of the later dials.

Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL