I’ve got two original AD, AM radios on the service bench and have never worked on auto/truck radios till now. Before I tear into them for a complete restoration I was just wondering if I was in for any surprises specific to the auto radios? I’ve already anticipated at least one bad vibrator if not both and picked up one SS neg. gnd. vibrator.
I’m gonna have to use a spare 6v battery for a PS. Any one know where I can download a schematic for them and just how many different models and manufacturers there were???

I’m going to gut them and replace all the caps, resistors and wiring and have the chassis re-plated. I’ve done this on many AA5 AC/DC radios over the past years so I can’t foresee any problems that I wouldn’t run into on a vintage set from the ’50 powered from the mains.
Now I certainly expect to here from you Fred!
Thanks,
Denny Graham


Denny G
Sandwich, IL