I am completely pumped up! Today is a very good day. I paid Dave at Paintwekrs a visit this afternoon and I was able to pick up some of the first painted parts. So that's what Brewster green looks like in real life! I posted a few pictures of some of the newly painted parts on my web page. This is a really neat color and is pretty much what I have had in my head the past 7 years. Talk about nerve racking; waiting to see how the very expensive paint actually looks once sprayed on parts. I love it! It can almost look black in absence of bright lights. In the light, it has that "dark green olive" hint to it that I have had in my head as "brewster green". Don't ask what the paint code is for the "Brewster Green" because I do not know. This was custom mixed based off of the color that Jim Carter's sells. What you're looking at in my photos is PPG Brewster Green DBU and DCC matched to the Jim Carter paint they sell. I also had the Kildare Green matched in a PPG DBU for the cab and hood belt line. If you go this route, do not expect that the people at Jim Carter's will know much of anything about the paint. What we found is that they do not. They do however, have a supplier they get the paint from that seems to know their stuff. We had a mix up with this custom order because when Carter's recieved the paint in their warehouse, they put their typical stickers on it indicating it was something other than what it truly was. It took Dave from paintwerks a few calls to get it straightened out but he got to the bottom of it. Lesson learned? Stick with your local paint supplier or go into it with the knowledge that Carter's and likely other suppliers are the third party selling something they don't know a whole lot about in some cases. Carter's ended up setting the two paint people up to talk it through with each other and they figured it out. You would hate to spray something thinking it is something then end up finding out months or years later it was not what you thought after problems show up.
In addition to picking up some parts with actual paint on them, I got a peek at the box which was still hanging in the paint booth as well as dropped off the rear fenders, running boards, headlight pods and some misc. items that will be black.
Slowly but surely, it is all coming to gether. From Rust to bust (my wallet)!
Last edited by Sheridan; 11/20/2007 12:52 AM. Reason: Updated on 11/19