I picked up some parts today (running boards, RB aprons, rear fenders, headlight pods, side window frames, tail lights & brackets). They look great!!! The
rear fenders and
Running Boards are something else to look at. The photos do not do them justice but feel free to check them out on my
Web Page. The black on the Brewster green looks really nice. As you can see by the photo on the right of the page, the rear fenders have the
subtle crease line along the back tops of each of them.
We even took the extra time with the rear fenders to make sure that we matched up the original rivets that hold the rear fender brackets to the outside of the fenders. Often you will see that these are shaved flat or bondo'd over. See the
close up photo of the rivets (and my living room in the reflection) We had to order 100 rivets so if you are working on the same thing, send me a self addressed stamped envelope (it will likely take two stamps) and I'll send you 4 rivets for the cost of postage. I was also able to assemble the
headlight pods and the
tail lights . The chrome bezels on them are not the best but they will have to do for now. I may end up getting them quoted out for re-chrome.
We are almost ready to get going on the cab so I'll have to round up some neighbors to help me pull it off the frame again. This will be a good chance for me to finish up all the mechanicals and get the thing running. While my last target completion date was this spring, I think a Labor Day target is far more realistic while providing me the time to not have to rush things just to get done (not sure it will ever be "done").
Tim