As I have posted in the Paint Section, I just got my engine block and heads back from the mechanics and am ready to start building it. But, I need to know what you guys recommend for lubing the bearings as I put the Cam, and Crank in. I was told that regular oil isnt the best to use, but use some type of white grease that works great, and it will mix with the oil. I put the cam in after lubing the bearings and cam with Havoline 20W-50 oil. Is that OK to use, its pretty thick stuff. When I got it in there and turned it, it felt kinda stiff, like there was a lot of friction. Or is that the way new bearings feal? I need to know whats best to use for lubing these bearings, and will stay there without leaking out on me. It will take me a bit to get this motor together as I dont have everything yet.
Please let me know what you use/think/recommend! Thanks guys!
- Shane