Ok, I went and checked on the motor this afternoon and it turned fine. I guess I didnt lube the 2 first pistons that well. But I got all the pistons in now, and lubed the cylinders/rings/pistons as you guys have said and I can turn the crank with all 8 in there. I can still hear the rings sliding along the cylinder but my friend said that everything is fine and thats the way it is supposed to be. I got all the lifters in, and they arent in the original spots so next time I will know that.

Also, I just got the timing chain cover on and the old one that was on there, the timing plate was mounted in the middle of the cover. The new Chrome cover I bought has the plate mounted to the side, so now I have to either mark the Harmonic Balancer, or get a new one???

Thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it!

- Shane


- Shane (ChevyToughRebel)
2 Trucks;
-1955 3/4 Ton Chevy
-1979 3/4 Ton Custom Deluxe 20 4x4
1955 Second Series 3600
GED = Git Er Done