My gal Laura is interested in the old truck and how it works. If it came to it I think she would help work on the old trucks. She is ignorant of distrubutors, carburetors and such, but she grasps the concepts when I describe them to her.

If you can comprehend and read, the owners and shop manuals are great reading. For fixing your truck, original reprint manuals are the way to go for starters.

A nice small set of tools (like a 115 peice craaftsman set) will get you by on a lot of stuff.

Laura says "It's great to have a handyman around". I love the fact that my lady is handy too. wink

You gals will always get praise in the Stovebolt pages just for getting into old trucks. If you can work on them too, you might want to let the rest of the bolters know your marital status. grin