Wow! I go away for a weekend and find all SORTS of good advice! You have no idea how much I appreciate it. STOVEBOLTERS RULE!

I have a shop manual on the way from Fazon auto stuff and a catalog from some online store...I'll check into auto shop classes, that never even occured to me! I am also having a great time searching these forums for terms i don't know. Like 'bushings', 'linkage' that kind of thing. smile I don't get most of it but my hope is that the knowledge is being stored away for when i 'get it'. I just WISH I could find an old retired mechanic to give me lessons. That would be awesome.

Beaver53 -- I'm in Dallas, seems like Azle is close, right? I don't actually know. You are a 53 expert eh? Hmmmmmm smile

Hotshoe36 -- LOL that is hilarious....facing forward with a gun, snort! FIL is referring to father-in-law---he's the one that said "oh hell just buy the darn thing". He's a tough as nails vet so I might not say exactly that smile Also if you wanna teach you should! I bet teaching an auto class for women would be such a valuable thing. I hate feeling stupid when I talk to a mechanic about repairs...like they could rip me off so easy, just because I never learned this stuff at my daddy's knee.

10 micron -- oh yeah 'points'-- a friend was appalled it had points and said 'we need to convert you right away! those are a pain!' but I don't know...I kinda like it original. smile

You guys are awesome! Thanks again!