I'm doing a 4 wheel brake job on my '54 6500. I got down to where I needed to bleed the brakes today and talked my boss into letting me bring home our BG Brake Flush machine to do it. It's a fancy power bleeder more or less. It pumps brake fluid into the top of the master under pressure and catches it at the bleeders with a vacuum hose. First attempt and I had perfect pedal without loosing a drop on the floor. For the heck of it, I really put some pressure to the pedal and blew a line where I didn't see that it had rusted. I repaired the line and cleaned up the mess and re-power bled it. In about 15 minutes, perfect pedal again, no mess.

I'm so impressed, I'm taking my other trucks to work to power bleed them in hopes of getting a better pedal. I'll be on the look out for a cheaper DIY'ers model to buy for at home. I'll never go back to the "pump and hold" two man way of bleeding brakes, especially on the PITA AD truck brakes.
Just thought I would pass along a tech tip for anyone who cares,
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!