I will vouch for the "Speed Bleeders". Not really new fangled much at all. Just bleeder screws with thread sealant and a one-way valve. Been around for a long time.
I have them on my Mazda which runs road courses where I brake from 120mph to 35mph in 100ft etc., 3 to 5 times a lap. Brakes take a beating, much more than any stovebolt could dish out. I use the speedbleeders as you have to keep fresh fluid in the wheel cylinders, so you bleed the brakes about every 500 miles or so. I run 12" vented discs on all four corners with hats, 4 pot Wilwood calipers on the front, RX-7 calipers on the back, with race pads it will just about jerk your front teeth out.
I plan to put a set of speed bleeders on my Silverado next brake job.
I will admit, there is a certain quality to have the wife, girlfriend, or what not out to help bleed the brakes, but for pure functionality, they are better for other stuff and the speedbleeders are good for bleeding brakes.