Ya know, I'm with you all in this Corporate bash stuff, but factually, I think these are good times. I take you back to the hobby, throw out the politics.

Now-a-days, EVERYTHING is available. There are 1 inch think catalogs to restore anything. If I have to use meteric tools to put something on my trucks or muscle cars, yeah, I'll *****, but you know it is better than trying to restore something 30 years ago, thumbing thur the 5 page section of the Sears catalog, or J C Whitney where the car section fell right after the go-cart stuff. Sure the factory still had some stuff, but not as large of variety, and the price was (still is) lofty for factory stuff.

I wish it was a perfect world where we all used American stuff, but it won't ever be a perfect world... In the meantime enjoy the pros. When those mirrors are on, they'll look great and work fine. With all the overseas competition, I the cost of the mirros probably allowed other goodies to be purchased at the same time. Updates and new parts are better by the big box full!

Don't get me wrong, I am pro American, and metrics don't belong on old Chevy's; that's a given, but I'm just saying that this time and day we live in is very condusive to our hobbies and for that I am glad.

Why don't the companies responsible for overseas production of Bolt parts make them with standard threads anyway? I mean, if a company in the US were to knok off volvo stuff, wouldn't we use metrics for a proper copy? So....you would think....I mean it would make sense...well, maybe not.


When I yield to Him, it's amazing how peaceful and enjoyable life is meant to be.

1947 Chevy COE
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More photos