MAN!!! Pretty cool stuff! I got my mirror from Jim Carter just like I do most of my stuff. This is my first Stovebolt and I'm having a lot of fun with it. It's just sad that you have to have two sets of wrenches to work on this thing, especially since we all believe that they were made in America's best days. I don't know where it was made, I just know that it came from Jim Carter.....AMERICAN! I avoided buying metric tools for a long time but as you all know, you have no choice now. It just seemed sad to note that this well-built American truck now has to have metric parts on it. Times have changed..eh. The reason for owning "crappy" Craftsman tools it coz when you break one, you take it back to Sears and you get a new one at no charge. I don't know who makes em and don't care...the warranty is a no-brainer. As for all of the corporate bashing, I'm with you guys. What really gets me is that Toyota outsold Ford last quarter for the first time ever. Bet ole Henry is rolling in his grave like a rotisserie chicken! Seems we forgot about....and forgot to teach our kids about things like Pearl Harbor, the Bataan Death March, Kamikazes, and the fact that over 80% of American POW's died in Japanese captivity. I'd like to forgive all that and drive a new Solara convertible, but I can't bring myself to buy a Jap or German car. Buy American...it's the best policy. I buy from most honorable Jim Carter-san and others, but I don't have time to do the research on where they get the parts. When did US automakers go metric anyway? I'll bet it was when John Z. went to Ireland to make his DeLorean. I have one of John Z's earlier models...a 65 GTO. You guessed it....no metrics. I've certainly enjoyed reading all these replies to my lil ole post. Will try to stir up more trouble when time permits.
BANZAI!
Dash Riprocker-san