Hi 64 fleet,
I'm sorry to hear this terrible story and I can't believe that an attempt to kill you doesn't get the right response of the police. I really can’t believe it, so it’s better to drive along when you hit something or somebody, they won’t come after you, I would be hunting cops all day and night with a nice big semi and a sturdy cattle liner. If he had killed you, would they just have told your family and leave it there? I would file a complaint at the proper authorities and get the press involved. Do you have the names of the officers that you spoke to? Take some pictures of the blue spots and visit your doctor for conformation of the injuries. Get a report from the ambulance crew, so they can’t say it didn’t happen. The trailer search, like proposed above should, if he is local; give the right results in a short time.
I hope you catch this dangerous guy, accidents do happen, but when you drive away when you “think” nothing serious has happened, your way out off line and should be punished.

Good hunting and heal fast

A very angry Richard