I just put a new heater core in mine (a 64) when I bought it because of the mouse smell. The new one weighed half as much as my old one due to the clogging. Even this morning at -15 degrees, I had to turn the heat down about halfway to work. Don't try flushing to old core, it will put out marginal heat at best compared to a new one. Besides, your 61 is probably the easiest truck there is to put a new core in,
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!