Hello fellow bolters!!!
I need answers to a few questions.
Go ahead and take a stab at one or all…

1. Any tricks on installing the rear window? The rubber is just an extrusion and is not molded to the correct shape. It also is missing the holes for the screws. I have heated the rubber and tugged and pulled and still can’t get the rubber lined up enough to get all the screws thru the rubber and into the pot metal piece. Any help?
2. The front window,,, must you separate the window frame into two and insert the glass with window tape then put it back together? Or can you get the glass into the frame while it is in one piece? It looks like mine is welded together in the middle. Any help?
3. I find I have a gap of about 1/8” between the top inside, elbowed, molding pieces to the top of the door. These are the pieces that are painted the hammered tan color originally. There is a screw hole right at that point. I must be missing something??? A bracket or something? I would have thought that they would have had one piece overlap the other. I hope I described it well enough. Any help?
4. At the threshold there is a rubber weather strip. Do you use the same weather strip behind the vertical strip at the door jam by the kick panel?
5. Does the large beaded wind lace mount behind the inside door molding and the door panel on the door?
6. OK that’s enough for now.

If anyone has any detail interior Pics of their truck that would be great.
I’m putting this ’40 together and it was a basket case when I got it. So I’m a bit confused on how it goes together with out seeing an example.

Thanks for any help!!!


Regards, Kevin
1940 1/2-ton (Uncle Willie\'s truck)

Thanks for the help so far fellow Bolters!