I see it the same Fumblin, it's a matter of the disallows

Paul - seems there has to be something on the disallow list that stops spiders from indexing the forum, because as Fumblin says, it just doesn't happen, and other 'registration required' sites do get indexed, the person just can't get directly into them w/o being registered, as you say, only into that cached page

isn't /html/bboard/ubb/ below or within /html/bboard/cgi-bin/ ?
every post address here starts with /bboard/cgi-bin// so I would expect the /bboard/ to stop the spider with out going further

I don't see a problem w/ reg to generally view the forums, it can still be required for posting

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics