Originally posted by red58:
I know on the robots.txt Fumblin - I think most don't have it cuz they don't care, also you'll find more metas that just say 'index,follow'
Peg - you'd hafta talk Paul into removing the "disallow" for the relevant /bboard folders, but it doesn't really help to have the forum threads listed on general search engines when J.Q. Public can't get in w/o registering anyway
Bill That's a decision for John and Peg to make. Spiders can crawl the Forums just fine. If they cache the pages, they can also display them without requiring registration. If you want to view the pages in the Forum, then you have to register first.
If John and Peg want to change that, it's easy enough to do - just uncheck one box. They had good reasons for requiring registration, however, so I'll leave it up to them to decide if the reasons have changed enough to justify opening it up.