My Dad and his dad always had Chevy trucks from way back. In their electrical business, they started out with a brand new 1956 Chevy 1/2-ton, then a 1963 Corvair Greenbriar wagon (piece of crap that was!), then a nice green '66 C-10 LWB with a big Six and auto. In '69, my Dsd and his brother ordered identical C-20 350 4-spd trucks, and they ended up sequentially numbered! That was the first Chevy truck I ever drove (at age 14), and I really loved that truck! My first Stovebolt was a '56 GMC with a 326 Pontiac engine I bought that same year ('74) for twenty bucks, and it ran like a scalded cat!!!
That, and my brother and brothers-in-law owning Mopar musclecars ('70 340 'Cuda, '69 Dart GTS 340, '68 Barracuda 340, and '69 Sport Fury 383) got me into both Chevy trucks and Mopar cars and trucks.
Now, 441 cars and 72 trucks later, I'm still primarily a Mopar and Chevy owner, with Hudsons being the relatively latest (since '01) additions.