Is "a little off topic" like being a little bit pregnant? :p
I hate to say it, but you're dodging the issue (boy what a perfect place to insert a political reference if such things were allowed

).
Seriously, I really would like to know what we can and cannot post here in General. I thought the rules were clearly outlined at the top of the forums "Please note that this forum is only for the discussion of topics directly related to the care, restoration and use of antique GM trucks" and in John's posting (see above), "If it isn't strictly related to pre-73 GM trucks, then it isn't welcome on the Stovebolt Page".
If the rules have changed, I think its only fair if you clearly state that and then tell us what the new rules are. You appear to be saying that anything off topic is now ok as long as it is not about politics and that you like it. Is that right?