Football?My son in law works the Buffalo Bills,in their stadium office,he's middle management for marketing.He's in good spirits,the team sucks
I grew up in a small NJ town near NYC.HS football was a big deal.My dad was a big time jock, he played college then a short carrer in pro baseball and semi pro football.The pressure was on me to play football.Hated it,was an average player on a good team,plently of time riding the pine.
Finally my chance comes, I was tight end, forget what they called the position back then.The starter end hurt his leg on the last play.The coach called me to replace him , the coach's look said don't screw up.I was nervous, into the huddle,the quarterback planned to have me go out 10 steps,fake right, go left 5 steps, catch the ball, fall down.
The ball is snapped,I cross the line,count 10 steps,shift right,then back left,stop turn,holy crap!I got the darn ball!!! I see a hole near the side line, make another 5 yards before going down.Then it's over, I'm blindside tackled by a defensive end,I go upside down,the world fades to silver with bright spots.
The coach is yelling in my face, I'm laying on the bench.I'm still alive,that means I didn't lose the ball cause the team woulda killed me.
I never played again,that hurt,I never saw it coming.At least in a one on one fist fight you can keep your attention focused on one guy