I see your point, Joe but how much movement and thus heat will be generated in a typical steering gear box on an ad truck? Most of the time you're not even turning the wheel.

Unless you're Auto crossing the vehicle at road Atlanta that gearbox isn't going to get much of a workout and I don't know if it could turn that corn head Grease into the liquid as shown in the video.

Maybe it liquefies just enough to flow down into the cracks and crevices where it's required and then stays there when it hardens up.

I currently don't have any leaks so when I add the cotton picker spindle lubricant maybe I'll see some. But I figure that's what I'll do and see what happens.

I'm sure another can of worms is about to be set loose


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)