Then I may be able to perform that deed!
I’ll look for my Dad’s compression tester gauge.
Otherwise set the pressure on the regulator at what, 125?
I went out & did another test with the plugs removed & turned the motor over a few times on each cylinder. Readings were much better for some reason. All were 120 to 122 lbs.
Helped me breathe easier anyway.
Doing a real compression test would tell me what exactly?

My engine runs rich for certain. Black plugs & exhaust pipe.I just tweeked that carburetor again. It may need that new carb put on it that I have. I think it’s a 1 barrel Rochester.

I’m pretty sure it’s bluish burnt oil coming out of the exhaust, only when I let off the gas after revving it up.


1953 Chevy 153A 3/4-ton
Working on my project since 2015
Follow along in my DITY