Click on image for the lowdown.
====
Forums66
Topics128,087
Posts1,056,340
Members48,442
Most Online14,466Apr 26th, 2026
AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for
over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks!
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 806
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 806
I have thought the motor runs rich mostly due to the odor & exhaust color. While working on the old bench seat I crank & warm up the motor every week. It has been idling way too high until it gets very warm. I’ve been told that I have the wrong carb anyway, that I need a 1 barrel. I’ll look into that next but I just realized that the carb has a tab for a wire that heats the choke coil, I never realized this before. There is no wire there so where would I run it from? I was turning that part to open the choke butterfly valve and the motor cuts off soon as it open much. So it looks like I need to start from the beginning to adjust the carburetor & the choke. Can I get some instructions on how to do this?
Attachments 1953 Chevy 153A 3/4-ton Working on my project since 2015 Follow along
in my DITY
Entire Thread
In line 6, 250 Chevy
glennj3 11/24/2025 5:25 AM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
Joe H 11/24/2025 2:19 PM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
glennj3 12/08/2025 2:33 AM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
Hotrod Lincoln 11/24/2025 4:10 PM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
BC59 11/24/2025 9:03 PM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
glennj3 11/30/2025 1:17 AM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
Tronman 11/25/2025 11:30 PM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
Hotrod Lincoln 11/28/2025 5:14 PM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
glennj3 11/30/2025 1:19 AM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
Hotrod Lincoln 11/30/2025 2:53 AM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
glennj3 12/04/2025 10:17 PM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
Hotrod Lincoln 12/04/2025 10:33 PM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
Joe H 12/05/2025 2:34 PM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
glennj3 12/07/2025 1:53 PM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
Joe H 12/07/2025 2:11 PM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
Tronman 12/08/2025 4:55 AM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
glennj3 12/09/2025 10:54 PM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
Hotrod Lincoln 12/09/2025 11:15 PM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
glennj3 12/10/2025 4:33 PM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
Bill Hanlon 12/10/2025 2:38 PM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
glennj3 12/10/2025 10:33 PM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
Hotrod Lincoln 12/10/2025 11:27 PM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
glennj3 12/11/2025 4:12 AM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
Joe H 12/11/2025 2:31 PM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
glennj3 12/11/2025 5:10 PM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
glennj3 01/02/2026 11:37 PM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
Bill Hanlon 01/02/2026 11:54 PM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
glennj3 01/03/2026 5:10 AM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
Phak1 01/03/2026 1:58 AM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
glennj3 01/03/2026 5:20 AM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
WICruiser 01/03/2026 1:09 PM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
Joe H 01/03/2026 2:24 PM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
glennj3 01/03/2026 5:37 PM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
klhansen 01/03/2026 6:08 PM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
glennj3 01/04/2026 5:59 PM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
Hotrod Lincoln 01/03/2026 6:33 PM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
glennj3 01/04/2026 5:58 PM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
Hotrod Lincoln 01/04/2026 6:11 PM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
glennj3 01/04/2026 8:51 PM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
klhansen 01/04/2026 9:44 PM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
glennj3 01/06/2026 3:39 AM
Re: In line 6, 250 Chevy
Hotrod Lincoln 01/04/2026 11:34 PM