Dan,

Very helpful as usual.

I went down the rabbit hole about the torque tube oil seal. It sounds like the best thing to do is to install an Okie Bushing With Seal which I found on Chevy's of the 40s here? Otherwise a more complete dismantling if the drive shaft/axle, etc will be required - plus I am not sure the availability of the seal and bushings?

From what I have read, it looks like the Okie install is not too bad, I hope?

I did check the transmission fluid and it was low. The shaft seal and excess oil in the differential also explains the axle seal leaking.

I noticed some distortion around the edges of the seal collar which after reading your reply makes me think of the staking you are talking about. Regardless, I will order a new transmission mount and hope that helps the situation.

I appreciate you helping with links to other posts. I find the search function not all that helpful; I find it gives way too many unrelated results to be useful. Maybe I am not using it correctly.

Thanks.


1950 Chevy 3100
"New Passion Project'
Follow the story in the DITY