I’ve already read Grigg's
tech tip about big bolt wheels and have figured out I’m in for spending a lot to fix this issue. I started with RH-5s which I know are not a good idea and had them inspected and only one was possibly useable, so I have been looking for a solution for years. I currently have 19.5s on it so I can move it around. They definitely look too small, being 4” shorter than stock. I want the truck on the road by spring and I only see two choices.
1). Some type is split rim. I’m not familiar with options or costs so any input is appreciated.
2). Get some 22.5 rims and have the centers redone. The rims will cost me about $75 each and about the same to have them converted to the correct bolt pattern. That is over a thousand ($1050) at best and still no tires. New tires are several hundred dollars each.
Again, any input or experience on either option will be greatly appreciated. I’d really like to see this thing moving.