Joe, keeping my stock wheel is exactly what I would like to do as well, not only for originality, but because mine is in great shape. I'm going to add this gearbox conversion and relocation to my list of things I'm going to do. Now I just need to find a good box.

Since you mentioned caster, I'd like to change the subject a little...My axle is a '50 at factory specs. I'm not sure where the caster was set, but it appears to be right about 0. I didn't measure it. I have 4 degree shims that I was going to try, but I was concerned about the affects of negative caster. Sounds like you aren't experiencing any issues, since you say you can travel 65-70mph. Does your steering wheel return to center coming out of a turn? No problems with darting around/stability/going straight on the highway? Thanks again for your input.

Ron

Last edited by Peggy M; 01/28/2025 7:32 PM. Reason: no need to quote the previous poster