I'm certain everyone here knows this but years ago I made a little drawing to explain to a fellow who just couldn't visualize why an angled drag link made a difference to bump steer. Bottom line: the AD trucks were designed to have an angled drag link...I don't know about the 1936 but it might have been the same. And if you replace springs, kingpins, balls/cups, etc all with new, you'll have an angled drag link, too. It will become more parallel to the ground when your springs start to sag. You can see what happens as you move up/down on the arc of the imaginary circle with the attached drawing and how movements (even slight ones) become more and more pronounced the further away from parallel you go. It should help with any year vehicle, hopefully.
~ Jon 1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235 | T5 with 3.07 rear end