To keep the draglink parallel to the springs and frame, you would need to shorten the pitman arm, that inturn will change the steering ratio, and likely not for the better.
Joe
What if I move the pitman arm to angle forward at approximately the same angle, rather than backward? That would keep the drag link parallel to the frame (or at least the relationship to the frame/springs would be the same) while shortening the drag link and moving the pivot point closer to where the rear spring eye attaches to the hanger, which I would THINK would make the arcs more similar?? Maybe not.
Thanks for posting the information. That was interesting reading. If that drawing of the '36 is to scale, I can blow it up and print it out and use that to draw arcs from different pitman arm locations to see how the arc changes. That is, if it's to scale.