I gave up with using setting tape. Aftermarket glass thickness combined with not able to find the correct thickness of tape.
Glass shops have to deal with these types of issues all the time and have what they need on hand.
I don’t.
I use 3M or similar black RTV sealant and run a bead in the channel and shove the glass in and let it cure.
I don’t worry about the excess that ends up on the glass. A new razor blade will clean it up after it has cured.
I have never had one come loose, but if it ever needs come loose, it isn’t difficult to get the glass out and clean up the RTV out of the groove.
I had thought about using polyurethane adhesive, but that would be overkill and the next guy who has to replace that glass and remove that glue would likely hunt me down and kill me.
Last edited by 52Carl; 10/30/2024 4:31 AM.