I don't recall on the setting tape, but guessing the sticky side would go on the glass. Wrap it tightly around the glass, put a little slick stuff on the outside and tap the channel on.
Service manual says "soapstoned side of filler away from glass" which would be sticky side in. Here's the blurb from the service manual.
[on edit]I found new interior trim for 47-50 for $99 each side from Speedway (Dynacorn brand.) I don't know if they could be modified to fit '51-'55.1 trucks though. Dynacorn doesn't list them for the later ADs with vent windows. Seems like used should go for a bit less than that.
Last edited by klhansen; 10/26/20248:24 PM.
Kevin 1951 Chevy 3100 work truck Follow this saga in Project Journal Photos 1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car) Busting rust since the mid-60's If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.