So much for relying on my memory. I looked at his notes and the electrical system is 87 instead of 89. He notes that the same ECM was used for several years.

It has a Dakota VHX dash and the manual says " for an ECM or cruise control, the SPD OUT terminal can be used. This terminal can supply a 2,000 ppm or 4,000 ppm signal."

I can see a wire connected to the SPD OUT terminal. I will have to trace it to see if it goes to the ECM. I know the dash has not been calibrated yet because I installed the buttons that control the dash. I was going to calibrate it and zero the miles on his birthday. Whoops , that was 3 weeks ago.

Last edited by Curtis Jr; 10/15/2024 3:02 AM.

1959 Chevy Apache
Follow in the DITY Gallery
"It IS my Father's TRUCK"
"It all does not have to be done at once." - Grandma