Thanks, everyone! Lots of good information. I will keep you informed.

Sorry I was short about the earlier comments. Honestly, I would have preferred keeping the truck as original as possible because it would be easier for me to work on. It is a good thing I don't have a bigger garage or I would probably drag home another one to do the way I want.

My grandfather bought a service station in 1947. I was told my first job (task) was sorting bolts at age 3. I worked full-time for my dad after college from 1988 to 1990 but I had been working summers and after school for most of my life. Digging though the wiring diagrams and reading the manuals sometimes feels like deja-vu. But it has been frustrating. The truck sat long enough while he was sick that the entire fuel system corroded. I got all of that straightened out but the doubt was always there that I was still dealing with a fuel issue.


1959 Chevy Apache
Follow in the DITY Gallery
"It IS my Father's TRUCK"
"It all does not have to be done at once." - Grandma