When I shipped a M-151 Jeep I bought surplus in Okinawa back to California in 1972, the paperwork got lost somewhere in transit. California issued me a bonded title with a 3 year length of time after I posted a bond equal to the appraised value of the vehicle by two used car dealers. The concept of a "bonded title" is basically an insurance policy that guarantees the value of the vehicle so the state can issue a title without incurring liability in case the vehicle turns up as stolen property. Most independent insurance agents can write a surety bond for whatever length of time the state requires, after which a permanent title is issued without restrictions. Don't even think about selling the vehicle during the time span of the bond!
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!