Follow-up:
After three months, I finally got plates and bonded title. I found a title service that guided me through the process. Several documents had to be signed and notarized. For appraisal, all I needed was photos of truck (four sides) to send in. My bond ended up being 1 1/2 times my purchase price, before restoration. The biggest hassle was with the Secretary of State Police (SOSP). The first officer that came out was adamant that there were two numbers on truck that needed to match. When he could not find, some days later, he brought a second officer that supposedly knew more about the truck. He had some sandpaper, got underneath on driver's side, just after front wheel on frame, and sanded away and ended up with a grimed face and no number found. Later, the officer signed the approval document. I had the plate option of just driving to shows or mechanic, no driving November to March, or full year driving plate. I opted for the no Nov-March plate. I'll probably violate that rule/law now and then.