I'm going to throw a wrench in things. Do you HAVE to have a title? Your state require it?

Only reason I ask......I bought my truck out of Jonesboro, Arkansas. Didn't run, was a rust bucket, all I got was a Bill of Sale. Three years later, after a full restoration, I go to the State tax office to see what needs to be done about getting a title. My only concern was getting a license tag, the title didn't interest me, but figured I was going to have to have a title to get a tag. I knew about bonded titles and what goes into all that. They told me, here in Mississippi, unless I'm going to sell the truck, no title is needed to get a tag. i left there quick as I could, went to the county tax collectors office, showed them the Bill of Sale and info I had written down on the truck, and got a tag. in and out in 10 minutes.That was April 2019. I still don't have a title, nor do I have any interest in getting one.

Only issue, is gonna be one of these days, when I'm looking up at the grass and not down, Kade, (my grandson who'll wind up with it), would have a hard time selling the truck. Which is fine by me.


Mike

1951 3100 5 window