Based on the info provided so far, dirty contacts in the column switch would be my top suspect as well. When I was going through this with my 58 last month I had one front light (left) intermittently and the right never worked.

I was able to use electical contact cleaner with the small straw to spray the switch down and just cycled it back and forth a bunch of times while occasionally spraying some more cleaner in.

That cleaned it up to where it works consistently without having to pull the wheel again and clean it by hand.

Might be worth trying.


From the Rocky Mountains?
Check in with the RM Bolters!
HiPo Forum Moderator

1958 Task Force Truck
"Frank" gets a new lease on life
Follow in the DITY Gallery
1959 3200 Task Force
The Ballad of Enkidu
The Saga in the DITY Gallery ~ and the story continues