I just ordered a single Torrington bearing with a .750" inside diameter, a 1" OD, and 1" wide. (J-1216) I'm going to see if I can drill and ream a stovebolt rocker arm for that bearing without severely weakening the rocker. If so, grinding and polishing the shaft down to a 3/4" OD would allow the original rockers to be rollerized.That's about a 1MM reduction in shaft diameter. (.040") I'm using a follower rest on the lathe, across from the grinder stone to minimize shaft flex, sort of like using a steady rest while regrinding a crankshaft journal.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!