Some of you may recall a discussion I started about my manifold situation from a month or so back. The basic story is I’m running a modified 283 with a 4 bbl Edelbrock on a single plane hi rise manifold in my ‘54 3100. Pretty gutless off the line , runs rich, but very responsive in higher rpm ranges. I came to learn that my particular manifold is optimized for 3500/4000 rpm and up. I decided a change is in order.
My nephew is a stock car builder & driver with a good trophy collection. He has a buddy who is a parts hoarder. Nephew told hoarder of my quest. Hoarder to the rescue!
Pictured is my existing setup and the replacement I received today- an Edelbrock 2101 , used and beautifully cleaned. Perfect in every detail. The deal is: I install the 2101 dual plane manifold and if I like it the parts guy will take my single plane in even trade. How do you beat that offer?
If advice and my research serves, my new manifold should improve low end performance and generally improve function for the casual driving I mostly do. My kind of deal!