If I had a QuadraJet I’d keep it.

My truck was in the shop for 2 1/2 years. I know that’s common, but it was a strain for me. This is my first and last hot rod. I’m 72 , with lurking health issues that I don’t need to detail. That 2 1/2 year stretch was a lot of clock to burn in the 4th quarter , if you will. Ever since I got the truck on the road 1 1/2 yr ago I’ve been working on details and finishing touches, always looking to keep the projects within the reach of my modest skill set. Another big priority is minimizing down time. Right along with that is minimizing expense.

I don’t want to be dependent on other people to work on the truck anymore than is absolutely necessary , not at this stage of the game. I want avoid downtime, and my budget is essentially spent. My manifold/ carburetor decision fits my criteria. I’m pretty sure that I will realize an improvement in low end performance. It is quite possible that a QuadraJet would provide even greater improvement.
That is for the next guy to find out.

There’s the short version.