In my experience with the Q-Jet question in the Toronado world, those who dislike the Q-Jet are usually those who don't have the patience or knowledge to rebuild it properly or dial it in correctly. They always choose the Edelbrock and suffer semi-reliable but mediocre performance.

There are dozens or maybe hundreds of variants of the Q-Jet but many people think they're all the same.

My Toronado had the wrong metering rods in it when I got it. Once it was rebuilt correctly to 1966 Toronado specs, that car could kick muscle cars and hot rods to the curb.

I think the Quadrajet is probably the best 4 bbl carburetor ever designed.


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)