Originally Posted by Joe H
There are a few venders who sell the better linings, I've seen them mentioned on numerous site I watch, and everyone raves about how good it works over the one size fits all material being sold over the counter. Better linings and good drums should be all you need for a good brake system.

Joe, would you happen to remember the names of the vendors who sell the better linings?

I came across this thread by doing a search on the same topic. I wanted to do a disc conversion on my truck while keeping my stock artillery wheels. I keep reading it won't work, and have been told the calipers will hit the rivets on the inside of the rim. Mine are 17" wheels, though, and wondering if the conversion just doesn't work on the smaller diameter artillery wheels?

But at this point, I'm becoming more used to the idea of just keeping drums all around, and possibly upgrading them if I can.

Thanks.
Ron